According to recent Statistics Canada CSI Reports, Halton Region has maintained the lowest crime severity index of all Canadian municipalities with a population of 100,000 or more for the 24th straight year!
When compared to Ontario’s ‘Big 12’ police services, Halton Region had:
- The lowest CSI (24 years in a row);
- The lowest Violent CSI (24 years in a row);
- The lowest Non-Violent CSI (24 years in a row);
- The highest value WCR (8 years in a row);
- The highest value Violent WCR (4 years in a row);
- The highest value Non-Violent WCR (8 years in a row).
“These results clearly illustrate the alignment and global effectiveness and efficiency of our dedicated officers and civilian staff. These results also reflect the essential partnership between our Community and its Police Service – these results can only be possible with a supportive community engaged proactively in crime prevention and actively cooperating with police investigations and other activities” said Halton Police Board Chair Jeff Knoll. “On behalf of the Halton Police Board, thank you and congratulations to all the dedicated and hard-working members of our police service and the entire community on this continued stalwart success. Working together we will continue to ensure Halton Region remains the safest large community in the Nation.”
Read the full article on the Halton Regional Police website.