All requests for refunds must be sent to the International Student Division via email at: email@example.com
A full tuition fee refund will be granted if Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) does not issue the study permit. To obtain a full tuition fee refund, the student must submit the following documents within sixty (60) calendars days of the issue date of the original refusal letter from IRCC:
1. a copy of the original letter of refusal received from IRCC;
2. a copy of the official HCDSB letter of acceptance;
3. a copy of the original receipt of tuition payment
4. a completed and signed refund request form from the parent/guardian or adult student (18 years of age or older).
No refund will be issued if the student fails to submit any of the above within sixty (60) days from the issue date of the original refusal letter from IRCC.
A 50% refund will be granted to September intake applicants who withdraw their application prior to and including July 31st and to February intake applicants prior to and including December 31st.
A 50% refund will be granted to returning students who withdraw prior to and including July 31st.
No Refund will be Granted:
- To September intake applicants who withdraw their application after and including August 1st and to February intake applicants after and including January 1st.
- Returning students who withdraw after August 1st.
- To students found in violation of school regulations, breach of law or policy as determined by the Government of Canada, the Police, HCDSB, and /or the International Student Program Division.
- If a student changes immigration status (i.e. Permanent Residency, Parent work or study permit) on or after April 1st. Requests for refund as a result of immigration status change of the student will NOT be considered if received after OCTOBER 31 for Semester 1 or March 31 for Semester 2.
- If the student chooses to withdraw for any reasons other than reasons set out in the Study Permit Refusal Refund, Immigration Status Change Refund and Partial Refunds sections above.
- If false or fraudulent information was provided, including providing false medical information or non-disclosure of medical conditions or prescribed medications, in the Student Application Form.
Please also note:
- An administration Fee of $500.00 CAD will be deducted from each refund request.
- Refunds will only be issued to the parents or the custodian in the application record of the student.
- The HCDSB shall not be held liable for losses or expenses as a result of the Board being unable to provide education owing to labour disputes or other causes beyond control.
Refunds are subject to the Superintendent’s approval.
Please contact ISP@hcdsb.org with any questions regarding refund requests.