Special Refund Policy: COVID-19 Refund Policy
THIS POLICY IS EFFECTIVE AS OF JULY 1, 2020 AND ONLY APPLIES TO COVID-19 RELATED REFUNDS. Otherwise, please refer to CHN’s standard refund policy, which is also attached to each invoice.
Cancellation Prior to Arrival
- If the student chooses not to come to Canada, due to COVID-19 related concerns, he/she will be given a full refund of all Fees except the Standard Service Fees as listed below.
- If the student is prevented from entering Canada due to official direction from government, school, and/or CHN, such as a travel ban, students will be given a full refund of all Fees including the Standard Service Fees as listed below.
- A $250 cancellation fee will apply to all cancellations received after June 30, 2020, regardless of the reason.
Additional information regarding this temporary policy, as well as options for students choosing to defer their arrival until Semester 2, are outlined in the COVID-19 Refund Policy.
Standard Service Fees
The following CHN Fees are prepaid, and non-refundable except when indicated:
- Homestay Registration, Placement and Orientation Fee
- Custodianship Registration Fee
- Bank, Wire Transfer, and Administration Fees
About Canada Homestay Network (CHN)
Canada Homestay Network (CHN) has matched tens of thousands of students over the last 20 years and has a reputation for excellence and professionalism in their field.
CHN is our Board’s exclusive Homestay provider. All new International Students are required to find a homestay through Canada Homestay Network.
How to Apply for Homestay
International Students who have been accepted into our International Student Program can find detailed information about the homestay application process, services and fees, and other relevant information on the Canada Homestay Network website.
Questions? Students can contact CHN via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Host an International Student in your home!
Canada Homestay Network is looking for caring homestay families residing in Burlington, Oakville and Milton to host International Students in their home.
Homestay Hosts are expected to provide:
- Three nutritious meals per day
- Utilities, including laundry and internet
- A private bedroom, with a desk and closet
- A patient, caring, and friendly home atmosphere
- The same guidance and attention you would want for one of your loved ones travelling overseas!
The benefits of being a Homestay Host include:
- Grow your understanding of the world and its peoples
- Make life-long friendships
- Share the beauty of your home and community
- Ensure your local economy benefits from the booming international education industry
- Receive a generous allowance to offset expenses
Questions? Please contact: email@example.com or 1-877-441-4443 ext. 2176.