Personal Documents

It is recommended that you provide as many of the below listed documents as possible before your arrival in Canada. These documents must be provided before you are able to start school:

  • Valid Study Permit
  • Verification of age (Birth Certificate/Passport)
  • Most recent school report card translated into English and Notarized
  • Roman Catholic Baptismal Certificate (elementary only)

Immunization Documents Information
There is a  law in Ontario that says children that go to school must show proof of the vaccines their they have received to the local public health department or their child may not attend school. Required vaccines are as follows:

  • Measles
  • Mumps
  • Rubella
  • Tetanus
  • Diphtheria
  • Pertussis (whooping cough)
  • Polio
  • Meningococcal disease and Varicella (if born in 2010 or later)

Students attending school in our Board must provide their Immunization Record with proof of the vaccines they have received.

Please visit the ISP Medical Information Page for instructions on submitting Immunization Records to the Halton Region Public Health Department.

ISP Department staff will no longer collect and submit immunization records.

School Supplies

Depending on the courses you choose, this list may be different.

  • Textbooks are provided
  • Computer or laptop
  • Stationary: 3-ring binders, folders, lined paper
  • Writing Utensils: Pencils, pens, highlighters, correction tape
  • Math Kits: Scientific calculator, protractor, ruler

Seasonal Clothing

If you are well-prepared, winter can be fun! The snow and ice make Ontario beautiful and you will find a variety of winter sports to enjoy. Get outside and enjoy the weather!

  • Coat (Should be thick, heavy and water-resistant for maximum warmth.)
  • Hat (Winter hats, or toques, are often seen as an unofficial Canadian symbol.)
  • Gloves (Keeps your fingers warm!)
  • Scarf (Keeps your neck warm!)
  • Boots (Should be insulated and water-resistant.)
  • Snow Pants (Keeps your legs warm during winter activities like snowboarding.)


  • Cell Phone and phone plan (Make sure your cell phone will work in Canada)
  • Canadian Bank Account
  • Umbrella (For protection from the rain)
  • Gym Shoes