International Students who are entering our program for the first time can best prepare for their arrival by completing this Arrival checklist.
It is recommended that you provide as many of the below listed documents as possible before your arrival in Canada.
These documents must be provided before you are able to start school:
- Valid Study Permit
- Verification of age (Birth Certificate/Passport)
- Student email address in Canada
- Halton Address where the student will be living
- Notarized custodianship Agreement (pages 1 & 2)
- Most recent school report card translated into English and Notarized
- Roman Catholic Baptismal Certificate (elementary only)
Students attending school in our Board must provide their Immunization Record with proof of the vaccines they have received. Failure to do this may result in a student being suspended from school.
The most efficient way to provide your Immunization Record is to use the Canada Immunization Record Form.
Submit a copy of the completed and signed form to: email@example.com
Required vaccines are as follows:
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Meningococcal disease and Varicella (if born in 2010 or later)
Depending on the courses you choose, this list may be different.
- Textbooks are provided
- Computer, laptop, tablet, or similar technology
- Stationary: 3-ring binders, folders, lined paper
- Writing Utensils: Pencils, pens, highlighters, correction tape
- Math Kits: Scientific calculator, protractor, ruler
- Storage: Back pack, insulated lunch bag, food containers, thermos
- School Uniform: Including Gym shoes
If you are well-prepared, winter can be fun! The snow and ice make Ontario beautiful and you will find a variety of winter sports to enjoy. Get outside and enjoy the weather!
- Coat: Should be thick, heavy and water-resistant for maximum warmth.
- Hat: Winter hats, or toques, are often seen as an unofficial Canadian symbol.
- Gloves: Keeps your fingers warm!
- Scarf: Keeps your neck warm!
- Boots: Should be insulated and water-resistant.
- Snow Pants: Keeps your legs warm during winter activities like snowboarding.
- Cell Phone and phone plan: Make sure your cell phone will work in Canada.
- Canadian Bank Account: Make sure your bank account will work in Canada.
- Ingle Insurance Card: Replacement copies are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Umbrella: For protection from the rain